Reunite Danvers Candidate Profile
Abstract Candidates Profile
The Coalition to Reunite Danvers is interested in the positions of
candidates running for Selectman, School Committee, Town Meeting Member, or appointed
boards and commissions.
As a citizens awareness group, we are interested in candidates
who subscribe to the following principles:
- Have a positive, open-minded and objective approach to setting priorities based on the
Town of Danvers as a whole.
- Have the ability to disagree without being disagreeable, having civility and respect for
your fellow board members, elected officials and citizens.
- Develop a strong positive relationship with residents and local businesses, recognizing
and acknowledging that each has a special interest and influence in and responsibility to
- Have a "Management Theory" based on empowerment, trust and reward.
- Have a clear understanding of the roll of Selectmen and School Committee members and
respect for their policy setting duties.
- Have an understanding and appreciation of how our Town Manager form of government works.
- Respect the Town Manager and his Management Team.
- Be fiscally responsible, being aware that the Town of Danvers is a multi-million dollar
entity that requires a professional like approach in the long-term management and planning
for the Towns welfare in the years to come.
- Have a track record of "commitment" and / or a willingness to get involved.
- Support correcting current conditions at the High School / Middle School complex and
display a firm commitment to quality education.
- Be professional in his / her approach to Town Government.
- Have the ability to maintain leadership in the face of criticism and controversy.
- Have some visibility and be electable.
- Must be honorable: his or her word is their bond.